About me.

Hi I’m Lena, the founder of the blog ZwischenMenschlichkeit. I have been dealing with mental health problems all my life. And my healing journey has been anything but linear, I have had my ups and downs, my break throughs and my relapses. My journey has taught me that getting help and finding support is so important to be able to heal. But their are still so many obstacles to getting the support and the help we need. We often face stigma, shame, guilt or fear. We lack the information and the resources. Most importantly: We often stay in the closet. I stayed in the closet for the majority of my life. I tried to hide what I was going through and it made me even worse. Staying in the closet caused me so much more harm then it did me good. I felt so much shame and I was so afraid that someone would find out. I was not able to connect to my friends on a deep level because I was keeping out such an important part of my life. But luckily there came a point in my life where this hit me. Or you could probably say it slapped me in the face. And holy guacamole it hurt. But I started opening up slowly. I started sharing. And most of the time friends and family where so relieved, they opened up too and we had deep and beautiful talks. Today my closet is no longer my safety, my support network is. I have found a community where I feel safe to be me and I have learned to take care of myself. I have build the strength to take care of myself. 

I still struggle, but I know now that I am strong enough to go trough it. I know now that I am not alone in this. I know the tools to pull myself out on the other end.

I started this blog to share what I’ve learned with others and to help them on their own mental health journeys.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts